Today is all about cupcakes (again) cupcakes are absolutely amazing and can really cheer you up they are so beautiful, watch out for my decorating skills in this post ;)
You will need:
115g unsalted butter, softened
115g caster sugar
115g self raising flour
1tbsp hundreds and thousands
For the icing you will need:
175g unsalted butter, softened
1tsp vanilla extract (or whatever flavouring you wish we chose lemon and lime)
280g icing sugar
Preheat the over to 180º and prep your muffin tin with 12 cases.
* Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
* Gradually beat in the eggs.
*Sift in the flour using a sieve.
*Then using a metal spoon (important!!) fold the mixture and slowly add the milk.
*In our mixture (pictured below) we added hundreds and thousands to it!
It is just that easy, now spoon the mixture into the cases…
|Bake for 20 minutes/or until golden brown and firm to touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.|
Now for the best part! DECORATING :)
To make the icing…
* Using an electric mixer add the vanilla extract and softened butter into the bowl and beat until the butter is soft and pale. ~ Instead of the vanilla extract we used lemon for 6 cupcakes and lime for the other 6.
|Measuring out the icing sugar – messy work!|
* Gradually, using a sieve, sift in the icing sugar beating well after each addition.
* You can either use a piping bag or spoon (we used a spoon) and get decorating!!!
Hope you enjoy them! These ones are realllllly easy and tasty! :)
Lots of Love Daisy xoxo