When I attended the Benefit event a couple of weeks ago I met my parallel twin Ladie Sadie so on the off chance I entered her very first giveaway and sure enough a couple of minutes after midnight I got a tweet and I had won!! Another thing to add to our list. Sadie is a keen baker and often does ‘Make It Monday’ posts. And here is what I won…
In the package there were also tickets to Cake International at the Excel centre in London this week, unfortunately I won’t be able to attend as I have to go back up to Newcastle for the Fabb Events meet up! So all of these goodies inspired me to get baking, luckily I wasn’t alone my boyfriends brothers wife was on hand to bake with me and provide one very special recipe, that you all know but you just don’t realise. By 8pm that day we had baked two batches of cupcakes, one very very large batch of M&M cookies and a baked hot chocolate cake. So for the next 4 Monday’s I will be doing different ‘Make It Monday’ posts to show what we did :)
So who loves Friends? I literally cannot think of one person who doesn’t (ok maybe one they know who they are because they will be reading this) and we all know the episode ‘The One with Phoebe’s Cookies’ when she wants to give Monica and Chandler her grandmas chocolate chip cookie recipe, and in the end it turns out to be by Nestle Toll House? Well THIS is THAT recipe!! With the added glory of M&M’s woooo.
Preheat your oven to 190º (375º F.)
You will need:
* 288 grams of plain flour
*1 teaspoon of baking soda
* 226 grams of unsalted butter softened
* 96 grams of granulated sugar
* 96 grams of soft light brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
* 2 large eggs
* we used 2 packets of plain chocolate M&Ms (185g each)
* In the electric mixer combine the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy.
* In a second bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
* In the electric mixer bowl add the eggs one at a time, and then gradually add the flour mixture.
* Finally add the M&Ms and go crazy!!! :)
* Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown
|Keep the size of the mixture quite small as they do spread.
|This was our first batch and what happens when you are nattering and not keeping an eye on the baked goods!!
|How they are meant to look! :)
Hope you enjoy these, warning they are addictive!! Thanks Phoebe’s grandma for the recipe ;)
Lots of Love Daisy xoxo