I have now come to the end of my ‘Make It Monday’ series, I probably won’t be doing another one of these for a while as I am still at uni and have a lack of baking equipment in the flat and I have deadlines. But I truly have saved the best until last, and those that tasted each of the 4 bakes will agree I am sure of it. I would quite like to personally call this ‘death by chocolate’ it is AMAZING :) and one of my all time favourites desserts made on a massive scale… how can I resist?
You will need:
* 1/2 pound of unsalted butter, plus extra for buttering.
* 4 extra large eggs, at room temperature
* 256g good cocoa powder
* 113g of plain flour
* Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
* 1 tablespoon framboise liqueur (optional) think we used baileys!
* Vanilla ice cream for serving
* Preheat your oven to 325º and lightly butter a 9 x 12 x 2 inch oval baking dish (this doesn’t hugely matter as we used a loaf tin.)
* Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on a medium to high speed for 5 to 10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow.
* Meanwhile, sift the cocoa powder and flour together and set aside.
Lots of Love Daisy xoxo